- Defining project requirements, building SQL/HIVE databases, job automation, using analytical tools to find trends and predictive characteristics, developing and automating reports, data visualization, and exploring new analytical and big data tools.
- The candidate must possess clear communicative skills to work in a highly collaborative and fast-paced team environment.
- A successful candidate must have the ability to understand complex business problems to ensure projects are leveraging the appropriate technology and analytical tools in the delivery of a comprehensive solution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field
- 1+ year of experience in a data-oriented role working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field
- Have familiarity and experience with tools like Python, Hadoop, TensorFlow, scikit-learn, SQL, d3.js, map-reduce, Tableau or R
- Previous experience in working with and building for location aware services and familiarity with web service development and API integration with multiple systems
- Have a portfolio of open source contributions, personal projects, presentations, or other things that show that you are passionate about a subject, took some initiative to learn about it, and applied it to a real problem
- Design, build, optimize, launch and support new and existing data models and ETL processes in production
- Interface with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand data needs.
- Manage and verify data accuracy for Hadoop cluster.
- Responsible for support of Hadoop cluster environment which includes Hive, Spark, Hbase, Presto, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance on Hadoop clusters
- 2+ years on hand-on development coding
- Understanding of Hadoop ecosystem such as HDFS, YARN, MapReduce, Zookeeper, Kafka, HBase, Spark and Hive
- Strong SQL skills, especially in the area of data aggregation
- Good understanding of distributed system, basic mathematics such as statistics and probability
- Comfortable with Git version control
- At least 2 years’ experience of architecture and design infrastructure on AWS
- Experience building real-world data pipelines
- Automation skills such as Airflow, Python and Bash code
- Experience with A/B testing environment
- Experience with analytics tools like R, Matlab
- Strong Java or Scala skills
- Design, develop, test, deploy and support large-scale projects using latest technologies.
- Employ agile development practices including test and deployment automation as well as Continuous Integration using Jenkins to improve overall execution speed and product quality.
- Collaboratively support agile applications to ensure minimal business downtime
- Be a technology advocate and share expertise with other team members.
- Execute best support practices in Incident investigation, technical escalation, diagnosis, recovery, documentation, communication and transition to Problem Management.
- Be a key partner to the business and the rest of the team throughout the delivery and support cycle.
- Bachelor’s Degree in or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong fundamentals in data structures, algorithms and object oriented programming.
- Software development experience in one or more JVM based general purpose programming languages, preferably Java 8 and above.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages and new technologies as needed.
- SOLID Principles and Practices, IoC & TDD
- Experience with Git.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in CI/CD and different testing strategies and techniques (Unit, Integration, UI tests).
- Working in an Agile environment and team
- Experience in dealing with multi-threaded scenarios and concurrency issues in code, as well as experience in working on high-performance software
- An understanding of distributed computing or experience writing such applications
- Experience with implementing Web APIs, Pub/Sub Systems, Event Sourcing Applications
- Docker, Elasticsearch
- Spring Framework, Gradle/Maven
- Experience with shell scripts
- Experience with Python
- Experience with SQL